Jill gave me a corn plant as a housewarming gift when we moved into our old house 4 years ago. It turned out to be the focal point of our den. It grew and grew and grew, receiving many comments about how large it was. The interesting part of the story is that it was super healthy until we sold our house. At that point it started dying. Leaf by leaf the death moved up the stalk. I tried to preserve it by repotting the top portion that appeared healthy. Unfortunately my efforts failed. I guess it really just loved that house. I must say though it will be sorely missed. But, I am glad we are able to start anew at this house.
2.04.2007
Interesting...to me at least
Jill gave me a corn plant as a housewarming gift when we moved into our old house 4 years ago. It turned out to be the focal point of our den. It grew and grew and grew, receiving many comments about how large it was. The interesting part of the story is that it was super healthy until we sold our house. At that point it started dying. Leaf by leaf the death moved up the stalk. I tried to preserve it by repotting the top portion that appeared healthy. Unfortunately my efforts failed. I guess it really just loved that house. I must say though it will be sorely missed. But, I am glad we are able to start anew at this house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment