4.05.2007

HOME...for a few days anyway

We decided to come home last night. We had been gone 4 weeks to the day. It was a little weird getting back into town. You look around and see that life has been going on as usual without you. Kind of humbling. It is like we tell our students when they are returning from a summer project--You are re-entering a Moving Stream. You can't expect that people have put their lives on hold because you have been gone. You just have to jump back in and start swimming.

We left in early March so it was still a little cold outside and the trees were bare. While we were gone Spring arrived. (My yard looks really pretty by the way.) I was only planning on being gone for two weeks so I packed according to that weather. As the weather warmed, I was so aggrevated being gone because I knew Ella had a closet full of cute dresses that she was quickly out growing. I was so excited to come home in early April thinking she could begin wearing them. Wouldn't you know the weather would turn cold/cool again. I know we can usually count on one last cool snap but I thought it had past. Thankfully a dear friend loaned me some really cute clothes that "should" carry Miss El through the hot months.

Good Friday begins SPRING BREAK so we are going to head out again for a few days. I don't mind though because I may getting to get a day or so of THE BEACH!!! Some students we work with are going for a week and they invited me to come along. Chip is so sweet to let me get some rest with them for at least a little while.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Glad to see the Crooms Corner is once again occupied! Have fun at the beach..sounds really nice..

Anonymous said...

I too am glad to see the Crooms Corner. I will also be glad to see the Crooms. Soak up some beach for me too. Gran