Working on a college campus makes this week's events even more real. I told Chip months ago that it would be so easy for someone to get onto campus and do something awful. I think we all realize it is a reality but we really don't think it will happen, at least not on our campus.
There is CAMPUS OUTREACH at VA Tech, and apparently they just went there this year. If you click on my friends' blog, "Dowdy's in Brazil", you can read an email from one of the staff guys at VA Tech. If you don't, he says they (the staff) were not surprised when they learned that the first shooting was on the 4th floor of AJ Hall. Out of all the dorms, that is where they were spending most of their time and that there were multiple bible studies going on ON THAT FLOOR and many students were investigating a relationship with God. Just Monday a student who this staff guy had been ministering to since January trusted his life to Christ.
We often forget that spiritual warfare is real. If you have heard the recent reports about the shooter you can see and hear how empty and tormented he was spiritually. Jesus looked among the crowd and had compassion on them because they were harrassed and helpless like sheep without a shepherd...the harvest is plentiful and the laborers are few. May you be challenged to be part of the few.
3 comments:
great word, shelley!
miss you guys,
tara
I have been thinking about Chip and the campus a lot since Monday. I had told Neil Monday evening that God would use this incident to His Glory. Thank you for sharing. Moma
My friend Martha is an alum..I called her on Monday and she is pretty shaken up...she LOVES Va Tech and being a Hoakie...they are a pretty close knit group so it is pretty hard. So scary!
Post a Comment