2.11.2008

Thoughts while awaiting Nathan


I had a thought last night, or earlier in the night, before I attempted to get some sleep. As I walked out of the bathroom for the 50th time yesterday, I saw in front of me Ella's 9 month picture--a round, super smiley face. Immediately it made me smile. Then, I looked up and saw her 6mth pic and one of her in the hospital as a newborn. I realized that I didn't know her in the hospital. Did I love her, yes. But, as she has grown and her personality has developed more and more (day by day), I have come to love her more maybe because I have come to know her more. I know what she likes and doesn't like. I know her funny faces. I know her cries. I love the squeal she makes when she and Streed are doing something fun and messy. All of this made me excited about Nate. I have only had a few glimpses of excitement with his upcoming arrival. I am more nervous than anything. But, realizing that I don't know him yet and that I will get to start knowing another child of mine soon made me excited. I am looking forward to seeing him, watching him grow, seeing who he looks like and acts like as time progresses. So, as I write this at 5:04 am after having been on the couch since midnight, trying to get some decent sleep, I am excited to meet him, hopefully sooner than later. Maybe after we get the baby bed set up. Hey, I did wash his clothes last night.

9 comments:

The Hudgins said...

shelley,
i'm excited too. i've been praying for you and hope these next couple weeks absolutely FLY by for you.
we love you guys.

that is an awesome picture of the (4) of you!

Anonymous said...

Gosh... You just made me realize that I will love my baby so much when he comes, but I won't know him at all - scary! But I guess that's part of the fun...

Jennifer said...

What a precious picture!

Kris and Stacey said...

I am so excited for you. You are making me want another one! They all come so different, and it is so much fun to learn their personalities. My boys are all night and day different. Sometimes it is hard to believe they all belong to Kris and me. You look great. Please keep us updated, and know I am praying for you as your date draws closer.

Anonymous said...

You will do a fabulous job with Nate, just like you have with Streed and Ella. You and Chip are wonderful parents and we are so proud of you both. I Love you!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Aw, that kind of makes me emotional (or emoshkinal as I like to say). Don't be nervous - you'll do a great job, or rather the Lord will do a great job through you. For they belong to Him and are just on loan for awhile. Can't wait to have another nephew! :) Hang in there and try to get as much rest as possible.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet comments and encouragement from your family and friends. We will be there for you whenever we can be and of course we are in prayer for your sweet family. I'm excited to meet Nate as well. Streed is already such a good, sweet big brother to Ella (most of the time) and will be to Nate as well. You will be fine with the support of family, friends, your sweet neighbors and students. Hugs and kisses. G

Kristin said...

awwww... thanks for sharing these precious thoughts. so true.

Kristin said...

i meant to ask who took this photo. It is absolutely beautiful...