3.29.2008

Teenage Mutant Ninja "Turtle"

Some friends of ours cleaned out their kids old videos the other day. They passed the discarded ones onto us. We were really excited. One that Streed is especially excited about is the Turtles. He was already into action movies and fight scenes in particular since he loves "Narnie" aka The Chronicles of Narnia. But, after watching the Ninja Turtles he has taken it to another level. I am limiting his watching of it. This is a picture of the fierce Streed. Be afraid, be very afraid. In case you are wondering, or feeling sorry for him that a broom is his sword...he is not allowed to play with swords anymore. Chip's mom works for an oral surgeon. A little boy came in one day with a serious injury due to playing with a plastic sword. We were ordered to take them from him. Don't you love the backwards underwear. Also, I put "turtle" in parenthesis because that was Streed's nickname when he was a baby.

11 comments:

The Hudgins said...

shelley,
THAT is awesome. i mean, really awesome. i love the backwards undies too.

Kari said...

Congratulations on your new addition. Mr. teenage mutant ninja turtle is too cute, love the underwear backwards.

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

Oh my gosh - that is SO hilarious! I love the action shot. You're kids are so adorable and it is really fun to check in often and such great pics. Thanks for the laugh! And I will remember the advice on swords-

Amy said...

shelly I have been reading this womans blog that lost her baby from a chromasonal abnormality as well. She knew about it during the pregnancy though. She is a strong believer and her struggle with the lord is so real. I don't know if this might be encouraging for her or not but here it is. www. conorbootheandgirls. blogspot.com/

nick, robyn and taylor said...

We love the backward undies! Before Nick read it he said, "Why is he showing so much butt cheek?"

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I love, love, love this picture! It's total blackmail material. This needs to be in his senior ad for his high school yearbook. Please tell me this is framed somewhere in the house! Classic!!

Anonymous said...

I am very afraid! I want my sweet Streedie back. Gran

Kris and Stacey said...

Love that picture!!! Can we order it poster size? The story about the sword is so scary. Every member of this family has a sword and one for back up. Boys can make just about any object a deadly weapon. Hope you are all doing well. Is Ella feeling better?

nan said...

Shelley,
yall have the most adorable family
thanks for the blogging advice :)
nan

mcgintys said...

You have got to submit that picture to a magazine or something. That is hilarious. What a cute kid!

Parks Avenue said...

This post makes me want to sing "The Chroni'WHAT'cles of Narnia" !
-annie