4.03.2008

Yard Work

We (Chip) have been working hard on the outside of the house. While Chip's mom was here she uprooted all of our old shrubs. I don't have a before pic because they were up before I knew it. The front of the house used to be so ugly that I never took any pictures of it. Now, it is so pleasing to look at. The previous owners used part of the backyard for a garden so there were huge dirt mounds that you had to walk through to get to the grassy area. This was a messy situation with the kids. We didn't know what to do to remedy the dirt issue. Chip's dad suggested a deck. We had never thought of that. Chip bought an $8 "How to build a deck" book at Lowes and went to work. We are so pleased. He is really proud of himself and I am too. We have already used the backyard way more than before. We are not done with the landscaping. We still needs some grass. We went to get some sod and Lowes the other day and had an accident that resulted in both kids falling out of the buggy due to a hole in the floor of the garden center. No sod was purchased that day.

4 comments:

sagefats said...

A deck! Nice work indeed. With a little more work, it could be like Mr. Miyagi's back yard...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Nana for all your help!!! And thanks to Papa for suggesting the deck. It is wonderful. Chip you are awesome! Oh my goodness; it looks sooooo good! Chip, it seems you can do whatever you set out to do; from the floors to the deck! I'm so proud of you! What hard work! I'm so thankful for the cute gate too. Shelley, the flowers are a real plus as well. Gran

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Tell Chip he did a great job.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

That looks wonderful! Hooray for handy husbands!! Way to go, Chip!