12.28.2008

Week 4

I worked Tues and then thoroughly enjoyed two whole days at home with my family. Christmas Eve was fun. I decided to give the kids one present. They got rain boots: Streed, Cars and Ella, Hello Kitty. Their friend Jadyn has some that they both love so I knew they would love them. They immediately had to go outside. It was not cold so I obliged. Not to much time later they came screaming laughing and soaking wet saying they needed their swim suits on. Even though it really was warm enough for that I of course said no. They had been playing in their outside toy box that was FULL of rain water.

Before nap the kids and I whipped up a batch of sugar cookies from scratch. They had to chill in the fridge for at least an hour so this was a good incentive for nap time.

Streed is wearing his "Chef Streed" apron from Aunt Melanie.


That afternoon we loaded up and headed to a Christmas Eve service at the church we will eventually attend in Baton Rouge. That was an experience. Since it was a holiday there were no nursery workers. This was OK for about the first 2 minutes. We sat in the back but I still felt like a distraction. I know I was distracted. We had to laugh at Streed. He was MAD that he did not get to take communion. He said, "I don't like this church. They did not give me any bread or wine...and I was hungry!" We have tried to explain who takes communion. Upon arriving Ella was reunited with "Baby". (I forgot to explain this earlier. See another post)
She was not as excited as I thought she would be. She was shy at first there but is very glad to have her back.

When we got home we did finish making the cookies. Just a few for us and for Santa. Streed was going to make sure we made them. Chip helped to roll them out and cut them.

After they were asleep we got busy. I in the kitchen and Chip in the den. I began cooking and he was busy putting toys together for our good girl and boys.


How it looked when we settled in for our long winters nap. Sweet and simple.

2 comments:

Kris and Stacey said...

Merry Chritmas Shelley!! You stay quite busy. The babies are getting so big. Ella in the kitchen just makes me laugh. You have a beautiful family.

Donna said...

Merry Christmas! It's so good to have you blogging again. The kids are SO CUTE. Marc thinks Ella and Streed look more and more alike. Do people ever think they are twins? Hope we can visit in person with kids sometime this spring!