I really do love it here.
- I love our house. (I need to post before pictures soon) I have a nice size kitchen with amazing cabinets. I have a fireplace! My den is large and has two windows overlooking the backyard. One day we want those windows to be french doors. The kids play in the backyard all day. The carport is on
the back of the house and we have a long driveway that is fenced in. The kids can ride their bikes in the safety of our yard basically. 

- Our neighborhood. My favorite part I think are the sidewalks. I may have only walked a few times but the option to is so great. I also love how quiet our street is. There is virtually no traffic. Our old street was a super speedway.
- I love our church. We actually have a family retreat this weekend with our church. They seem to heighten the word, community, and personal holiness. We take communion every week (every other Sunday morning service and every alternating Sunday evening service.
- There are many conveniences to living in a city. We are close to everything we need, this is good and bad. I love that it is close enough to Hammond that I still see some of Hammond friends. I live less than 10 minutes from a mall that I usually work in for Clinique. I have been looking at a Parents magazine today that is specific to Baton Rouge. It is full of calendars of events for the spring, information on stores, swim lessons, consignment sales etc...
- We are super close to a park. Chip actually took the kids a few times this weekend when I was working! I like my neighbors and Streed has some buddies on our street. He is learning how to work out differences and whine and cry less when upset. There is a girl Ella's age across the street. They have yet to be able to play due to illness or being out of town etc.
- Our associate pastor and his wife live between us and Jill (our neighborhoods kind of connect). They have 3 kids similar in ages to mine. We all get along really well. We grilled out this past weekend with The Williamson's & The Price's. The kids all played really well for the most part. Nate even took a nap over there.
1 comment:
So many good things about your house and neighborhood!!! I do so love the fact you are off that busy street. Can't wait to see everything. Gran
Post a Comment