5.27.2009

Day 1

Neil, Nate and Mama
The day started in Mobile with a half-way point stop at Aunt Robyn's. My mom and Neil came over to visit. Nate was quite taken by Neil. He basically sat in his lap the entire visit. We then loaded up and went on our merry way. The boys were with me and Ella was with Chip.

We are staying at a new facility this year. Correction, new to us. I had looked it up online a few days ago and was quite impressed. It seemed really nice considering some of the past establishments we have inhabited. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Our room was clean! That is a feat in itself. The tub seems new as does the bathroom tile. ALSO-we thought there were no adjoining rooms which meant we were going to have two separate rooms and that I would sleep with the kids each night. However, we have an adjoining room!!! This was sweet of the Lord considering it was not something I even prayed about. But, the 2nd room is not available until Sunday so we are all piling up in the KING SIZE bed for a few nights! Those who know us well know that is nothing new. Here are some pics from our room as we were settling in and getting ready for bed.
After all the staff got semi-settled (translation: cars unpacked and rooms coated with lysol) we all headed to Pineapple Willy's for dinner and play time. The outside dining deck sits out over the sand. So, while we waited for our food the kids were able to work off some energy that was pent up from traveling. The kids are always excited to see the other staff kids. They so look forward to their time at the beach project every year. Here are some of those pics. The cute little dark haired baby is a few weeks younger than Nate and I am in love with her.

Nate loved the sand
duane with most of the kids
sweet ella loved it too.
streed was too busy playing to get a pic of him

but here he is two years ago in the same shirt nate is wearing today
on the first day of beach project

It is only 9:35pm but I am quite weary from days of packing and traveling. And the family bed is calling my name. Everyone has finally passed out. Day 2 will begin quite soon. Night Night

6 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I love your blog everyday concept and know several peeps who have done that and I have always loved it! YAY for the adjoining rooms and fun at the beach (and hard work, too!). And I am so happy to hear that this year's accommodations are a step above last year's!
Can't wait to keep up with you each day!

Amy said...

I am excited you are blogging everyday....maybe I will take that challenge and blog every day about my summer in NYC - we shall see. So I have to ask was that little girl in the picture beside Nate Jenny dye's daughter. She looks like her. I hope you have a great summer.

Anonymous said...

Okay, y'all realize Shelley did all this posting the same day they arrived at SBP. You are amazaing, Shelley. Our visit was so fun. Neil is still talking about his super bond with Nate. I love them as babies but have so much fun with them when they are older. I mean Ella was trying to fit me in the truck to go with y'all. How sweet is that? Be safe and please keep in touch. Love, Mama

The Hudgins said...

shelley! i'm loving that you're doing this. i'm praying about your biopsy results. having experienced a recent biopsy + wait time i know how nerve wracking it can be. we love your family and are so excited for the students and you guys this summer.

Lindsey said...

your kids are just adorable... even when they are covered in mascara or marker:). looking forward to the chronicles. i'll be reading.

Jo said...

Shelley, I am SO excited about 'journeying' through project with you this summer! Praying for you and the family. I know you will touch many lives this summer. luv ya!