6.30.2009

since we've been home

I have been in major "do house projects" mode. I find that if I am being creative or getting things done that I am a much happier individual. So, Chip told me he was not doing any projects until all the clothes were washed and put away. He knew this would motivate me. Soon though I figured out that he said "HE" wasn't doing any projects. And that he did not say "WE". So, while he was out having a lunch meeting with our associate pastor I got after something I have been dying to do.
This here is a falling down planter box
in the middle of our patio
this here is after I hauled all the bricks away
this is after I hauled much dirt away
and smoothed it out
There is a stump in the middle that Chip has been working on. I am not quite sure how we are going to get it gone. But, the plan is to lay pavers in this square and make a pretty focal point to the patio while expanding our usable space.

Whooo that was a project. I worked up quite a sweat but it gave me a feeling of accomplishment. The box before was ugly and dangerous. I love making progress.

3 comments:

April Brown said...

you guys are always into something :) I can't wait for the day when we all make enough money to hire this stuff out!!! That day is coming...right?!?!

Jenn said...

rent a stump grinder... it will do wonders.

Donna said...

Wow- I would have never done that myself- too heavy! I'm SO IMPRESSED and I know it does feel good to get stuff done.