9.17.2009
music man
From an early age Streed has loved music. I remember Donna joking with me when he was about 6 months old that he would be a music minister. Tonight we were singing a hymn, Christ the Lord is Risen Today. Streed asked me to where the notes were for the Alleluia part "because I can sing it better if I know what the notes are." I just laughed and said, "Oh really." If I'm lying I'm dying. He constantly says really mature but funny things. So, maybe Donna you were right. I want my children to love music and most importantly hymns. Most are so rich in doctrine--and not just the love of God and happy things, they talk about sin too. Before that we were singing "What can wash away my sin, nothing but the blood of Jesus". I like to sing that to them while I am bathing them since it is talking about washing. But I really want them to know it too so we are working on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And even though they may not grasp the true meaning right now, it will be in their hearts. Great job, Shelley! You are planting those seeds. Gran
Love that you are singing those songs! Great idea- I don't think to do that. And I can still picture baby Streed "conducting". He's always swayed if music was on. I forsee him leading "abundawonderful life" at Gulf Beach Baptist on Sundays and working the "ocean opry" on weeknights! (tell me you remember that musical family from SBP)
Post a Comment