11.17.2009

the countdown is on

It seems like an eternity ago that I wrote NEW MOON across Nov 20th on my calendar. But much to my surprise it is now Nov 17th. I am not going to the midnight premiere but Chip and I are both excited about going Friday night to see the much anticipated sequel. To fuel my excitement, or to somewhat satisfy it, I have been scanning fan sites today. (Some people are beyond excited. They are disturbed.) I went to stepheniemeyer.com and read some of the Q&A on her page. I loved this question and answer...

My question for you is.... are you at all surprised by the variety in age of your readers? I am 32 years old and absolutely loved your books, and I know I am not alone, in many discussion groups I have found there are 30, 40, even 50 somethings reading twilight. Thanks and keep writing! - Amy B.

Because I wrote Twilight for my twenty-nine-year-old self and not for a future YA audience, it always made sense to me that women my age would get it the same way I did. Are you ever too old to remember falling in love for the first time?

3 comments:

The Hudgins said...

when i read "new moon" in the first sentence of this post i wondered to myself why on earth you were tracking the cycles of the moon. guess it's obvious i'm not on this bandwagon. enjoy!

Amy said...

can't wait either!!!! we have to discuss it afterwards!!! have fun friday!!! wish you were here!!!

April Brown said...

I, however, am on this bandwagon and can not wait until Friday night!!! We are going to the 10 o'clock showing...we'll probably have to take a nap in the parking lot before going in :) Can't wait to dissect every scene with you!!

Go Team Edward!