
I have been meaning to post this. This is week one page one of Streed's school book. The page is the "weekly wisdom" for all elementary school kids at his co-op. The K4 and K5 do not learn grammar, math, art or composer there. They are exposed to it at the assembly on Mondays but we do not have to review it during the week. I am amazed at what all they are learning and will learn this year. Their bible verse is not always the same as the older kids. Last week it was Jeremiah 33:3. The timeline is set to a song, which is helpful. Everything else is straight memory. They will learn part 3 of The Lady of Shallot this semester and Hamlet's Soliloquy "to be or not to be" next semester. And after all this I am teaching him phonics (Phonics Pathways) and math (Saxon Math).
There is a book called Story of the World by Susan Bauer (The Well-Trained Mind) that correlates to the history fact. I bought it even though he does not really need it this year. It is nice to be able to learn more about the person than just a few line synopsis. We have also checked out a few books from the library that go along with the science and/or history fact.
So, this is basically what we do. Gotta clean up from lunch, get Nate down and hit the books.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh. I am loving the weekly wisdom page. And I will so be getting the book you mentioned. I love the Well Trained Mind. My favorite homeschooling book by far. Thanks for sharing. I love new ideas and material. We will start full blown next week. It was a little harder getting ready this year because I will be planning for all three. But I think I am almost there. I am having to be extra creative. Hamilton now thinks school is not so cool and has graciously shared that with his brothers. I want their first week to be out of this world fun. They sure keep me on my toes. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment