Here we are on day 1. Streed, Ella and I "do school" while Nate is sleeping. It works out perfectly for us. We do our normal morning routine which consists of whatever errands or fun things need to be done. Then we eat lunch, put Nate down and head to the table. By day 3 they were really tired. So, we took Friday off and have reviewed throughout the weekend.
8.08.2010
K5 here we come
I did not get a great picture of Streed on his first day of school. Believe it or not we were running late :) Not terribly late, we just wanted to be early. But here he is with his backpack and lunch bag.
I did not get much info out of him on how his co-op went so I was interested to see what he learned when we started on Tuesday. I asked if he knew about "The Lady of Shallot?" The are learning part 3 of Lord Alfred Tennyson's The Lady of Shallot. He said No. So I started quoting it. He jumped in and said, "Oh is that about the barley-sheaves?" He knew it already after one day. It goes, A bow-shot from her bower-eaves; He rode between the barley-sheaves... It is his favorite thing to say.
Here we are on day 1. Streed, Ella and I "do school" while Nate is sleeping. It works out perfectly for us. We do our normal morning routine which consists of whatever errands or fun things need to be done. Then we eat lunch, put Nate down and head to the table. By day 3 they were really tired. So, we took Friday off and have reviewed throughout the weekend.
I do not know what is so funny. As you can see her shirt says laugh. She hangs with us for a little while, answers most of Streed's questions and then she heads off to play computer games. She is my verbal learner. She picks up on things really quickly. Streed is going to be more visual. I think it will get easier for him once he can read. But he is really doing great.
Here we are on day 1. Streed, Ella and I "do school" while Nate is sleeping. It works out perfectly for us. We do our normal morning routine which consists of whatever errands or fun things need to be done. Then we eat lunch, put Nate down and head to the table. By day 3 they were really tired. So, we took Friday off and have reviewed throughout the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that bottom picture. How sweet! Makes me chuckle all over. Ella gut laughing and sweet Streed kicking back going "Oh brother!" :) :)
love that ya'll are enjoying homeschooling.
I love all of the pictures! thanks for sharing. I feel like I haven't completely lost ya. lol. Miss you bunches.
Post a Comment