10.21.2010

a few more

breakfast nook
We bought this table and chairs from a neighbor down the street. They just moved in too and had a sign on it saying "for sale". It fits perfectly. It is great for the kids and I for breakfast and lunch.

looking at foyer and chip's office doors from kitchen
foyer, den, kitchen and breakfast are is "Ivoire" by Sherwin Williams.


dining room painted "Anitque White" by Sherwin Williams
I was really feeling the need to go light. I originally wanted this color for the whole house but was vetoed. It is in the dining room, chip's office, and both bathrooms.
We like it.

All of this furniture was in our old house. I am using the "entertainment center" to house all of the homeschool supplies. That is working nicely!!!
Another view of the dining room. Looking in from the kitchen.
Same china cabinet I have had for a few years, just painted.
Below is a pic of it before. boo hoo. It is just paint.
I can return it to its original glory one day I guess. The blue just did not work here. I could not go out and buy all new stuff just to match this. And my breakfast nook was too small to fit it there. Oh, well. Black is classy.


more pics to come later. right now i am swapping summer and winter clothes and potty training nate. so far, so good i guess. a lot of poo in the toilet and a little on the floor. baby steps.

8 comments:

April Brown said...

don't be upset if I copy you :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Such the decorater you are! Absolutely beautiful home! I am so happy for y'all. Again, looking forward to more pics when you can. Love, Gran

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Your house looks FAB!! and...gross (poop on the floor?) yuckie. ha.

Anonymous said...

really really beautiful shelley!! i can't wait to see more. anne

Unknown said...

You have the house looking good. Tell everyone we said hello. Elizabeth loves to look at the pictures of the kids.

christian and amanda said...

that robin-egg blue color from the old cabinet is the color I want to paint my kitchen cabinets....but, I can't find time to look for the kids snow boots...how will I ever have time for projects like that?? Your house looks lovely. Glad you're enjoying the process. By the way, my friends and I were having a recent conversation about fat babies...and Ella's 6 month photo came to mind. She was a hoot!!...and is growing into such a lovely young girl!

Donna said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The moldings and light fixtures are just amazing. Your furniture looks so beautiful and fancy! I LOVE the black cabinet and the stuff on top- you have always had flare and great taste! More pics of the beautiful house!

Christy said...

Love it! Everything looks BEAUTIFUL. You have excellent taste, my friend.