3.15.2011

today

I was praying a few minutes ago as I finished my bible study for my mom's group at church. In my prayer I thanked God for bringing me to Arkansas. Then I was taken aback by what I just said. I had to stop, open my eyes and think about that statement. Then I realized what I meant. I see my need for Him more here than I did in Louisiana. I was comfortable there. Life was easy. Even if Chip was doing this job in LA I would have had so much help. Here, not so much. I am alone in a lot of ways and that is when you see God more, at least I have. He has given us some great people and a great church and great neighbors. But, I am still alone in a lot of ways, mainly in day to day life. My best friends here live at least 30 minutes away. I met a few of them while we were in Little Rock. Even that is God's sanctification in me. It would be easier in a lot of ways if we were closer to those people. But, He does not choose easy for us always, we don't always thrive when it's easy. So, I finished my prayer time and immediately started singing...

Sustainer, Comforter, Consuming Flame
Companion, Redeemer, Above every Name
Hope for tomorrow, Joy of TODAY,
Father my Daddy, Master and THE WAY!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad to hear this!!!

Kris and Stacey said...

"He does not choose easy for us always, we don't always thrive when it's easy." Wow. Those words are stinging to me today but oh how i needed to hear them. I am headed to post them on my refrigerator. Thanks for sharing your heart.