I am thinking about changing co-ops for next year. Below tells about our new option. Classical Conversations (CC) (below is copied from their website)
It’s a Mission
The purpose of education is to know God and to make Him known.
Our purpose is to lead the home-centered education movement by equipping parents and students with the classical tools of learning needed to discover the order and beauty of God’s creation and to inspire others to do the same.
We believe parents are their children’s primary teachers not because parents know everything but because each child is uniquely (and wonderfully!) made and because the people who know and love a child best are the ones most motivated to help that child succeed.
We empower and support parents not only through our Classical Conversations Communities across the country but also through our specially designed C3 online community, Parent Practicums, academic retreats, and our Certified Instructor Program. All of these services ultimately equip parents to educate their children with the classical tools of learning and a biblical worldview so that they might impact the world for God’s glory.
-------------------------------------
i am seriously contemplating doing this. i was going to do Classical Conversations in Baton Rouge. for some reason when we moved it never crossed my mind to see if it existed anywhere nearby. randomly the other day i googled "classical conversations", found the website and a campus 30 minutes from my house. i was ecstatic. i still am it just rearranges most of "my plans" for next year. currently we are part of a classical christian co-op. however, there are lots of things i like about CC. one being it is national and been around for about 14 years. secondly, we have friends in other states doing it so we would all be studying the same exact things which would be really fun. anyway, i wanted to share this because it is occupying what is left of my brain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it sounds great. By the way, I have NOT forgotten your birthday and have almost called a million times. Happy Birthday- you know I love you and miss you!
Oh Shelley. I think we are about to sign up. I wished you lived close. I went to an info meeting last week and just loved it. We actually have a classical school here. I debate every year whether or not to send mine. I just cannot give them up to 5 days a week with someone else building their little value system. But I love the whole classcial style of schooling. It just makes since. We are trying to round up finances to sign all three up. Praying it works out. Let me know what you decide. Congrats on your pregnancy. I am so excited for you and your sweet family.
Post a Comment