Our street is great. I get nothing done on the weekends or as soon as the neighbor kids get home in the afternoons. The parents park our chairs together and watch the kids play/referee the arguements. Streed is the oldest. There are typically my three plus another two together everyday. There are two more down the street (4 & 3) that play occasionally. There are also two next door (4 & 3) that are here every other weekend. This particular day almost everyone was out as well as two boys (3 & 2) who live around the corner. Our yard seems to be the host yard (which is why our grass takes a beating). After hours of baseball they decided to trace each other with sidewalk chalk and build things with scrap wood in our garage. I just had to get the camera!
5.23.2011
what we do
Our street is great. I get nothing done on the weekends or as soon as the neighbor kids get home in the afternoons. The parents park our chairs together and watch the kids play/referee the arguements. Streed is the oldest. There are typically my three plus another two together everyday. There are two more down the street (4 & 3) that play occasionally. There are also two next door (4 & 3) that are here every other weekend. This particular day almost everyone was out as well as two boys (3 & 2) who live around the corner. Our yard seems to be the host yard (which is why our grass takes a beating). After hours of baseball they decided to trace each other with sidewalk chalk and build things with scrap wood in our garage. I just had to get the camera!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
how fun!! shelley..you really are living a dream life. that sounds like SO much fun to me. what community you have!! praise the LORD!
I am jealous and I'm not even a kid. :) That was a lot like our neighborhood growing up (less the parents sitting nearby) and they are such great memories!
My neighborhood growing up was like that too and it was wonderful- it's like having babysitters b/c your kids WANT to go outside and play.
Post a Comment