(this is one of those posts that is mainly for me but if it encourages you then Amen)
I am up early again. I really do like the still, quietness of the morning. And I am wide awake, so its not like I am out of be begrudgingly. I woke up to check on Nate because he has a fever and I thought I heard him. I then stirred the oatmeal that was in the crock pot. Then I went back to bed for about 60 seconds. I got out of bed because my mind was racing with what I need to buy the kids for Christmas. So, I sat down with pen and paper making a short list for each of them, things for their stockings, ideas for gifts, plus a few things that I have already bought.
I then put down my pen and grabbed my Voices from the Past devotional. This has been so great for me lately. Today was on prayer. As I then prayed, adoring God for being King of Kings and Lord of Lords as well as being my Father, I was truly humbled and grateful. So after making Christmas lists and after praying for my mom and my friend Shana with preterm triplets, my mind went straight to "This world has nothing for me..." I could not remember who sang this so I went to google and found it was one of my long lost favorite bands Caedmon's Call. The following words to the song say: And this world has everything, All that I could want and nothing that I need!
In so many ways we are beyond blessed to live in America. But in so many ways it is also a curse. Our minds are easily distracted by what we think is important and what we think we need. I will pray now for all of us desiring so much to raise our kids to Love the Lord with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength that we will be able to reach their hearts with what is truly important--the things that are on God's heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Encouraged!!! :)
Oh Shelley, with Christmas approaching I am so encouraged to read this. I struggle badly with this very thing. I don't want my kids to be bombarded with "stuff". Christmas is such a time of excess. Presents will quickly lose their appeal but if they would know and love Jesus, well, that will make all the difference in their lives.
Praying with you for our little ones.
Post a Comment