8.11.2013

Start of School 2013-2014

School starts tomorrow.  This year I will have a Kindergartener, 1st grader and 3rd grader at home.  I just now sat down to write out a schedule and it looks like we will being "doing school" from 8-4!  And that is if all goes as planned!  My schedule didn't involve dealing with Lucy at all so I basically plan on her being a perfect angel all day every day...because she is 18mts old and that's what they do, right?! 

So, that being said, I am either setting myself up for failure or frustration.  Or maybe I will be pleasantly surprised at how fast we get things done.  Last year we worked hard from 9-3.  I was determined to be finished by 3 because that is when other school children were finished.  But, I actually think they get out at 3:30 around here and if we have to go till 4 it is really not a big deal since they will not have homework.

My other realization is that I am definitely going to need a set break every week.  Maybe Saturday morning, I don't know.  At least I have exercise now as an outlet.  It may be rough once the time changes but that is not until November.  So, until then, I will work hard with my children all day and hopefully put my feet to the pavement at some point between American Heritage Girls for Ella, soccer practice two nights a week for Nate, flag football and baseball two nights a week for Streed.  Hmmm, at least I am a morning person.  Looks like that will be my only option for some alone time.  But that is good because it will force me to get up and get moving.  Thankfully though, Chip is helping to coach Streed again so I don't have to go to that practice...unless he is out of town. 

I am also teaching two classes at the co-op this year.  3rd and 4th grade IEW--Institute for Excellence in Writing.  I am looking forward to this.  I enjoy being up at their school and this way I get to know more students and parents, as well as help my son and his friends learn the foundations of a valuable tool!  I was never taught to write, even though I took Honors classes.  I certainly did not start learning how to make key word outlines in 3rd grade.

OH! And Lucy is going to a Nanny on Mondays while we are at co-op.  This is a first for us.  The nanny is a friend of a friend who keeps teachers' kids.  She lives less than 5 minutes from my house.

So until then...we are going to go to a baseball pool party/cookout and pretend our summer is not over quite yet!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow- you are busy! I've never had two boys playing sports at the same time. I know you are going to have a great semester- I'm so glad you are teaching- I know you are great!