My friend Jen tagged me in this quirkiness game. I must admit I love reading about other peoples' quirks but hadn't wanted to think through my own. When I think about quirks I generally think about neatness. Unfortunately, I do not have any quirks in this area. So, I thought I'd look up "quirk" and find out exactly how it is defined.
quirk (kwûrk) n. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy
quirk (kwûrk) n. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy
So, here we go.
1. Crazy bird-watching lady--as an earlier post indicated we have lots of birds in our backyard. I find myself gazing out the sliding glass doors often during the day and counting how many are out there. I have my family into it as well. This afternoon Streed was sitting half in and half out the door yelling "Bub"...his variation of bird.
2. Ebay--I go months without looking at ebay and then I go through a week or so of obsession. I put lots of items on my watch list, set my max bid and then get beat by about $ .50 because I know I really don't need to buy anything.
3. Cold drinks OR Hot drinks--I like my drinks hot or cold, whatever they are supposed to be. I like coffee hot and water cold. I don't care if it comes out of the fridge, I want ice in it. This goes for food too. Chip likes his hot food to cool off, I like mine to be scalding. This goes for Milk too--I don't care for milk really at all. If I feel like I need some I drink it WITH ICE! This habit causes comments from everyone. Ususally people think it is disgusting. Every now and them someone says they do it too.
4. Variety in food--I cannot eat the same food repeatedly. For example, if we have spagetti this week I don't want it again until next month at the earliest. This is another one of those things Chip cannot understand. I think this quirk mainly applies to dinner because I eat sandwiches almost everyday for lunch.
5. Unnatural Love--I LOVE Sweet Home Alabama (and Reese Witherspoon) and "Grey's Anatomy". Probably every other day at least something happens that reminds me of a quote or scene from Sweet Home Alabama. I haven't even watched it in ages but it is forever in my mind. Also, I LOVE "Grey's Anatomy"! It is not so much wholesome programming but as my profile says on myspace, they hooked me before it turned trashy. There are a lot of ways I could justify it, I won't even try, I just love the characters and their relationships with one another and the way the story line unfolds. I cry just about every week watching it. I really feel like they are real people. If you are like me you are dying to see what happens next week!
So, in conclusion, I am not too quirky, probably somewhat boring. Robyn, Tara, feel free to join in the fun! Thanks Jen for having me take a look at myself. Hope to see you soon!
2 comments:
Love me some Grey's Anatomy. Gran
I thought of you yesterday when I looked out the window and saw a cardinal, blue jay and wood pecker all out by our bird feeder. :)
Post a Comment