3.26.2008

Sick Sissy


Ella cried off and on last night in her sleep and felt hot when I went in there. She then took an early nap. This tells us she 1. doesn't feel well and 2. probably has an ear infection. So, this afternoon I took her to the doctor and there is fluid on her ear but the pain and fever seem to be more related to a sinus infection and a red throat. Poor baby fell asleep on the couch when we got home. She is SICK...she only sleeps in her crib, in her sleep sac, with her baby and paci.

9 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey Shelley! Sorry to hear Ella is sick:( I got your blog info from Anne (my neighbor who I found out is one of your best friends), and I have enjoyed looking at all the cute pictures! I can't believe you have 3 kids! They are adorable! My son, Jackson, has a blog too. It's www.jacksonscottmccoy.blogspot.com
Have a great day!
Mandi (Duval) McCoy

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Oh sad :( I'll be praying for a quick recovery.

Melanie said...

Oh sweet baby Ella...I hate it when babies are sick..you feel so helpless. I am sorry and I hope she feels better soon.

The Hudgins said...

oh, sweet girl. doesnt it just break your heart to see her feel so bad?
seems like all the crossroads kiddos are in a sickly way. owen-dbl ear infection; emma-ear infection; kendall-ears, coughing; Jordan-asthma flare up

YUCK!

no fun at all. let me know about tonight. if she isnt feeling great and jordan isnt either i say we bag it. i've been wanting to spend time with ya'll this week but it just hasnt worked out yet :(

i am praying she feels better soon.

love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Poor Ms. El and poor mommy. Prayers are going up. Gran

Anonymous said...

Okay, there is a picture of you with your hair in pigtails when you were 18 months or maybe 2.
Gotta find it. Ella is you, just a little bigger. Beautiful! Gran

Kris and Stacey said...

Ella looks like she feels terrible. I hate to see mine sick. I think the younger they are, the harder it is because they just cannot tell you how they feel. I hope she bounces back quickly!!!!

Nanna T. said...

Poor Baby Ella, you can just see it in her eyes that she feels terrible. Hopefully she will turn the corner get better quickly. She looks more and more like you with each picture. Ya'll are either going to have to come here are we are going to have to come there SOON!!

t

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Get well soon, Sweet Ella! Red poop here you come! I had a red up-the-backer earlier today. Gotta love that.
And it sounds like Nate is a keeper. Those newborn naps are wonderful! I forget how much they change so quickly. Harris is still napping 3 times a day and I'm trying to get him to 2x so MAYBE one of his naps would coincide with Owen's. Wouldn't that be wonderful??? I am thankful we got to the sleeping through the night stage, though. I don't think I woudl trade that for multi/ all day napping. :-)