6.01.2008

Week One: ROUGH

I can't actually say the whole week was that bad. I think that it all just caught up to me by day 6. The days are long. The space is limited. Time to myself is non-existent. Chip takes the kids swimming in the afternoons when he can but all this means is I have time to wash bottles and/or go to Wal-Mart. I should be thankful for going to Wal-Mart by myself. Ususally I am. Not yesterday. I was full to my eyeballs with tears for a good 24 hours. They finally runneth over this morning. We are attending Woodlawn Methodist for the summer and we are all splitting up into various Sunday School classes. Chip and I, and the guys he is leading, are going to an older adult class. I do not know their exact ages. They all have grown kids and our teacher has been married for 48 years, if that gives you any indication as to their age. So, the teacher begins by talking about the differences between today and many years ago. The first thing she says is that when she was a little girl that Monday was wash day and that meant that ALL DAY you scrubbed the clothes on a wash board. Immediately I started crying. I was trying to contain the tears but I could not. I just thought, "I do not have it that bad". Then she talked about how her grandmother had 8 children and had to kill her own chickens. It was a good perspective shift for me. I still had moments of frustration as the day went on but all in all I am better. I went to the beach by myself for two hours this afternoon so that helped. It will now be my Sunday afternoon routine while I am here.

2 comments:

Amy said...

As I read this and the other SBP post this is what God brought to my mind Shelley...You are no fool for giving up what you can't keep (a nice comfortable house with ALL supplies necessary to entertain and care for 3 babies) to gain that which you can not loose (souls for God's kingdom and legacies for the men and women that are impacted by yours and Chips life as you make this sacarifice)You are no fool for trusting in GOD to be used as a tool. Shelly God sees your struggles and He takes great delight in seeing you - HIS DAUGHTER foremost, laboring for the sake of His kingdom.
I am praying for you this summer.
The uhaul is awesome. Way to step out of the box.

Anonymous said...

Amy's sweet comment makes me cry. How encouraging is she?! Gran