6.01.2008

What we do: Part 1

Basically we correct and discipline and redirect all day long. We do all this while we sit outside of our rooms and watch the random people that live, work and vacation here. It can be quite depressing at times. We are working on getting a schedule. The first week is really a transitional time. It takes a few days for it to sink in that you actually are staying here...for many weeks. We have found that the library here has story time just like ours at home. I think we will check that out in the morning. Also, the church we are going to here has a program on Wed nights that Streed and maybe Jadyn can go to. We eat our meals outside on our little table. This also acts as a perfect spot for playdough and snacks.

Occasionally we swim. It is an ordeal though. I have to get siked up to 1)Put on my bathing suit, 2)put on both of theirs, including Ella's swim diaper, 3)lotion them all down, 3)lug all the pool toys out, 4)put on their floats, 5)convince Streed to jump to me, 6)convince Ella to wait until I catch Streed before she jumps, and 7)hope Nate doesn't wake up. If he does, we have to do all this in reverse and head back inside. He can't stand being outside when it is really bright, even in the shade. But, I love looking at this so sometimes we just have to do it anyway.

We also regularly look for baby and papy. These are must haves for Ella to even consider sleep. She is an EXCELLENT sleeper but she must have those two items. After a few stressful moments I am now trying to keep them in her pac-n-play. This isn't always successful. She and Jadyn like to push their strollers around outside. Actually they like to push each others and then fight about it.

7 comments:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Well aren't they just three peas in a pod. Sounds like a nice, relaxing summer at the beach :) On a serious note, though, lives will be changed, God will be glorified, and there will be eternal reward for y'alls sacrifices.

Kristin said...

I loved reading this one! Thanks for sharing all of that. I got tired just thinking about you getting those two into the pool all the while hoping Nate won't wake up! That is definitely a daunting task!

LB has "Kitty" and paci, and they are imperative for her slumber as well! I cannot imagine keeping up with them at Project... I wish I could see Jadyn and her strolling those babies around. Take a picture of that when you can!

The picture of them at the table is so cute. They look like they're having a great time! Good thinking on bringing that!

Kris and Stacey said...

Love the break down of getting ready for the pool. We just got home from our beach trip and I can so relate. We would spend and hour getting ready to get to the beach, get down there, and someone would have to go potty or just want to come in out the sun. It is so frustrating. I have to remember this is just a season in my life. I will so miss it when we move to the next. Enjoy those sweet babies. Ella looks like such a big girl in all of the picutes. Enjoy the beach!!!!!

Anonymous said...

btw... sissy is looking skinny in the swim suit picture. her baby rolls are leaving. lol. :(

Anonymous said...

Sports Illustrated, watch out. You just thought you had bathing beauties in your magazine! Gran

Emily said...

we go through the same thing with elizabeth and her blanket. With Ava, I make her leave her bunny & blanke in the crib before she gets out.. i dont want to be searching for MORE things before we can go night-night!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

WOW! You are a trooper. Good job, Mom!! That's what Owen told me tonight when I brought home pizza for dinner. I think you deserve it more than I do!