Day 16 was actually 2 days ago. Oops. It was my friend Leanne's birthday. One of the staff girls baked 2 cakes in my room for the project to eat in honor of her day. So, my room smelled divine--I love birthday cake! I knew I was not likely to get any of that cake since it was going to be at the rally and I was not. It was in my mind to run to wal-mart and get some cake. I battled for a little while and then my lack of self-control won. Ella and I loaded up at 7:45pm while Streed played outside with the other kids. We came home at 8:15pm with some cake for everyone to share. That's right, at 8:15 the kids chowed down on some chocolate cake. Then we ushered them off to bed. Nice. I was too selfish to eat mine with the vultures hovering so Kim and I waited till they went to bed. That's right, I ate cake at probably 9:30pm and then ushered myself to bed. Nice.
ps--I found some small pieces of cake already cut, portioned, and packaged for 2 adults in the bakery section for $1.50. I am glad and not-so-glad that I found that.
No comments:
Post a Comment