I have been thinking a lot about this concept lately. I read it tonight on someones blog and it was like I wrote it. So, i copied and pasted.
... quote by Francis Chan. He says, “Lukewarm people do not live by faith; their lives are structured so they never have to. They don’t have to trust God if something unexpected happens-they have their savings account. They don’t need God to help them-they have their retirement plan in place. They don’t genuinely seek out what life God would have them live-they have life figured and mapped out. They don’t depend on God on a daily basis-their refrigerators are full and, for the most part, they are in good health. The truth is, their lives wouldn’t look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God.” I was lukewarm, my life was so comfortable, and I knew exactly what I wanted to be doing for the next ten years. I wanted three or four more kids that looked exactly like me. I wanted a nice house, good friends, and nothing unplanned or unexpected. I was living in my comfort zone, and I had no plans to leave.
But you see, I don’t think God thinks much of comfort zones. I don’t think He is too concerned with us being comfortable because I think we are most useful to Him when we are out of our comfort zones. Sometimes we are thrown out of our comfort zones by circumstances completely out of our control...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
one thing God has taught me through my depression is that He is committed to me. He wants all of me and He wants me to give all of me to Him and He is pretty much ok with doing whatever it takes to make that happen. It is that important to him. He really loves us Shelley and even in these hard struggles here on earth they are designed to make us love him and long for him more. This is what I am learning. Praying for you friend!!!
Is this from Crazy Love? If so, you have to read this book! But beware...it will rock your face off!
We need Him oh we need Him, every hour we need Him. Moma
Post a Comment