Here are portions of two emails I have gotten recently. God is taking care of us, His people. I knew He would. I never had a doubt I was/am just sad about leaving those I already know and love. But, Chip and I know we are being led and will get to know and love new parts of the body.
#1 Hey girls! Doug and I have new friends that are moving to Arkansas and don't know anyone except us! They are in their early 30's and precious! Chip & Shelley Crooms. The are great Christian people with 3 young children. As you might imagine, she is completely overwhelmed. They are renting an apartment in LR at first, but are interested in building. Will you guys please say hi and get to know her? I don't know if she has facebook or not. Soooooooo....Ashley, Jennifer, and Mary Beth meet Shelley. Shelley meet Ashley, Jennifer and Mary Beth.
#2 If y'all are coming up to visit and look around sometime before you'd move, we'd love to get the chance to take you out to dinner or something and chat, if you've got the time... I remember how hectic getting ready to move is! (For that matter, we've got a spare bedroom if you need someplace to stay without running up a hotel bill.) If nothing else, let us know when you're moving up and we can get some people together to help move boxes and play with kids. (Lauren has her parents and five younger brothers and sisters living in town, and we make shameless use of them for free baby-sitting and manual labor.) That's not just a polite offer -- seriously, let us know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So great!!! The Lord is so kind!
wow! :) How exciting... can't help but to see the Lord everywhere in this decision! but we WILL miss you all. Bitter sweet but MORE sweet!
Love yall
Precious! What a sweet friend to get you plugged in. Surely she is heaven-sent!
so sweet!!!
So reassuring that you have help before you even get there. God is so good as are your friends who are allowing Him to use them. Moma
Can't wait to see how God unfolds your journey and introduces you to sweet friends...of course, they want be as grand as all of us...
Post a Comment